Sunday, July 13, 2008

Just Make a Wish and Blow Already...



Wow, summer has gotten away from me, like it always does. One minute I'm wondering what I'll do with a house full of kids for three months, and the next I'm shopping for school clothes and wondering what I've been doing with my time.

Anyway, last week we traveled to Logan to celebrate my daughter's birthday, and I just had to blog about what happened. She gave me permission - as long as I didn't disclose her age. Not because she's embarrassed about growing older, but because, well, she's not three any more. I'll tell the story, then you'll understand.

After we sang Happy Birthday to her, being the wizened, mature girl that she is, she decided to liven things up by blowing...as...slowly...and gently...as...possible...to...see...how...long...it...could...take...to...blow...the candles...out...

She...leaned...closer....and...closer...

Her Dad called out, "Careful, you'll burn your lip!"

At that very moment, you guessed it, she yelled, "I burned my lip!"

Yes, it's true. On a birthday candle. She even had a little brown mark just above her lip.

I don't know if that's a first. Maybe there's an epidemic of burned birthday lips I've never heard about. I do know that it was classic Jen. So Happy Birthday Baby - I'm so glad you're around to keep us laughing for another year.

No comments: