Sunday, October 25, 2009

Unreasonable Cheerfulness

I've been told I sound "unreasonably cheerful" in my posts. So I thought I'd come on today when I'm not feeling anywhere near that. I do have ups and downs. Lots of them. Most are small--a quick cry while going to sleep, or reading something discouraging. I try to cling to the ups as much as possible. But it has been a rough weekend, with the pain increasing instead of decreasing. I think that's just because my nerve endings are healing and I can actually feel things that used to be numb, which is good. And maybe because I've done a little too much. I actually went to a party with my husband last night. But it still hurts. And it's frustrating to have to break out the pill bottles that I've tucked away in the back of the medicine cabinet. So there you have it. No sunshine and roses today. I just hurt. But I'm working on it.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Our family is praying for you. I have been following your blog and am so amazed by your courage and strength. You truly are inspiring, Suzanne. I hope you realize that! You are gonna beat this! Our family loves you. Drew has a real fondness for your husband. You have a wonderful family! Hang in there. PS Its ok to talk about the "no roses and sunshine" days. We will continue to fast and pray for you and yours.

Suzanne Reese said...

Thanks Kim - we're big fans of your family as well!

Singhappy2 said...

Suzanne. It's OKAY to hurt. It's OKAY to pull out the pill bottles that are tucked away. That's why we have doctor's sweetie. =) You are such a ray of sunshine. I'm so glad that I have met you - and I want to do something for you. You are in my prayers, and I just want you to know how much I do truly care for you.

Keep your chin up. And know how much you are loved.

Dana

MattsFamily said...

I wouldn't way unreasonably cheerful, just cheerful enough :) Anyone who knows you knows you never stay down long. Try not to over do it, and things will be better soon. Love you bunches Auntie!!!
Stephanie

MattsFamily said...

oops, not way...say :) Sorry, clearly I need my mom to be my editor too!