Wednesday, August 19, 2009

More Suess Madness




I'm in the home-stretch of a surreal couple of weeks supervising ten adorable Who Youth, one Little Kangaroo, and an Elephant Bird. Mostly I just color backstage, straighten scarfs, and push hats up so the audience can see their cute Who faces. Every once in a while things get really wild and I have to make a mad dash for one of those hats, or a shirt, or maybe a butter knife, before the anxious little Who has to be on stage. The other day I made one such sprint into the men's dressing room and ran head-long into a trio of acrobatic monkeys. Talk about hazardous career paths. Though that's probably not as risky as being one of those monkeys, especially when wild-eyed grannies go running into the middle of their practice. All in all, it's been a blast, the show is great...and I'm exhausted.

1 comment:

Kimi said...

The show IS great! And I'M exhausted! But that's from reading your book on the computer. Ugh. (Not the book, the computer screen.) I really should print it out, but my printer is on the fritz and it's just way too much trouble to send it to Bob and walk ALL THE WAY down to his office and print it out there. Though really it's less about laziness and more about avoiding the basement that smells like boys, fish, and now hedgehog, too. But the book I'm loving.

Anyway, congrats to Brandon on such a great show! Thanks for letting us come watch it! We had a great time.