Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Title Change

I just heard from my editor that my book has received a new title. It's actually the second change, but I didn't publicize the first because...let's just say I wasn't wild about it. But my editor went to bat for me, and I'm cringing at the thoughts of the bruises she may have suffered in my behalf, but she convinced them to put it back on the bargaining table.

So...Still Here...briefly turned Cypress Storm...has become...

Where Hearts Prosper.

(Thank you, thank you...hold your applause.)

PLEASE don't say anything if you liked Cypress Storm better (okay, go ahead and tell me, I'd really be curious, a little mortified maybe, but curious).

But I'm pleased with the final choice - the book is set in the tiny town of Prosper, Arizona, so it seems especially fitting, and hopefully a couple of people will also like it, at least enough that I'm not embarrassed to death by the sales numbers.

The release date is now December 1st, so think Christmas!

4 comments:

Snarky Belle said...

I just found through Mormon Mommy Blogs. Not that it matters, but I really love the new title. Cypress Storm...yuck! Your editor's bruising was not in vain.
Good Luck, and I am happy to have found your blog.

Unknown said...

Some good titles. I think they picked the right one in the end. Titles can make such a difference to book sales. Hope you sell a ton.

Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, I like the new title MUCH better.

Suzanne Reese said...

I'm so bad about replying here, but I meant to say thanks to all of you who put in your two-cents. The verbal feedback has been unanimous as well!