Thursday, October 6, 2011

Catching Up...First an Idol

Now that the first day of snow has arrived, and I can't find the energy to do anything but bundle up, I suppose it's high time I play a little catch up with my most fabulous summer.

First off we had a little Draper Idol competition. Odds are good you heard me hollering about it. But little Brandon totally won the youth division. He was just barely old enough to compete, and we gave him the old "it'll be a good experience" line. Which we totally believed. Even after they'd announced a tie for third place, then second...we're all just thinking, first place? No way.

But then they announced him and he walked totally cool to the podium to take the trophy. Reports are that I tackled him as he came down the hallway with the rest of the contestants. That might only be kind of true. I did try real hard to hug him. Which I think is when it hit him that he had won. He pulled away and ran up the hall in tears. Adorable. Just don't tell him I said so. So now that I've got you in complete suspence, here's the performance:



The next days were crazy and fun with a ride in a parade (singing along the way), and performing on the mainstage for Draper Nights. (Though it wasn't night and pretty much nobody was there. But it was STILL the main stage.) Thanks bishop for your support, btw.

So I guess it's official...I'm not the only one who thinks he's cute.

No comments: