Monday, January 4, 2010

So much for goals...

Despite the timing, I'm not talking about the New Year's Resolutions I've broken, though I've already done that too.

No, I'm talking about the goal I mentioned a while back while trying to figure out what to do with my hair, or nonhair. How I just hoped to not scare young children. Seemed like I was setting my sights low enough.

Well, I answered the door the other day and discovered a little girl, about four, asking for her big brother, who was here playing with Brandon. And I could see it in her eyes. The 'That is one freaky lady and I wish I could run away but my feet seem to be glued to the ground' look. I reached up and realized that my around-the-house scarf was riding well above my ears.

So much for that goal. Maybe I ought to shoot for not scaring small animals.

No comments: