Sunday, November 22, 2009

Still Hair

I'm pleased to report that I've felt more and more like a human being each day since my release from the hospital. Yesterday I folded and put away a mountain of laundry, went hot tubbing with the youngest two kids, did a big shopping a Super Walmart, and made dinner, all before declaring myself out of every last reserve of energy.

I have three events listed on my calendar for tomorrow. The first says "maid service". The Utah Cancer Foundation sends a cleaning service out for free to chemo patients. I'm extremely fond of the Utah Cancer Foundation.

The next item is "Poetry Contest". Brandon has advanced to the semi-finals in a poetry-reciting contest at his school. Not surprisingly, he picked a song that can be sung. It's called 'My Favorite Fibs' recited to the tune of 'My Favorite Things'. A perfect combination with his soprano voice and mischievous smile.

The third item is "Mom's Hair Will Fall Out". It's literally written on the calendar in a ten-year-old script. Happens to be the day they've predicted the hair will come out, though it feels firmly in place today. Brandon is both fascinated and appalled with the idea. So am I.

No comments: