Monday, September 21, 2009

More Ups and Downs - Mostly Ups

Based on the phone calls I've received today, I guess I'd better post again. The fact of the matter is I didn't want to because the news I received today had me shaken. Turns out though, as I sat down and studied it tonight, that it was actually good news. It was just me being stupid. And since I've talked to so many people on the phone today, I guess I'd better set the record straight. Or as straight as my rattled brain can get it.

A nurse called with the full biopsy report, and I misunderstood and got it in reverse. I thought (and told a few folks) that it showed the tumor as slow growing but extremely aggressive. Fact is, it's actually on the low end of the aggression scale(talk about relief). It does have all three of the factors that can make it grow quickly. (Go me!) I was pretty stumped when I was all mixed up and thought it was a slow grower, but this one makes much more sense. And I'd way rather have a grower than an aggressor. (And if you happen to really know all about this stuff, please forgive me if I still have it wrong!) The only real bad news is that one of those factors is apparently caused by "wear and tear and old age."

Yep, you read right. Old age. Wow. It's getting really hard to keep thinking of myself as a youngster. Isn't that right all you little whipper snappers?

But seriously, in case I haven't said it enough - I'm really, really grateful for all the thoughts and prayers going out on my behalf. I'm absolutely feeling like the Lord has taken the wheel of this little roller coaster, and I'm just along for the ride.

No comments: