Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

Just when I don't think I can handle any more twists or turns...

As you may know my ten-year-old son is a little actor, singer, dancer, etc. Loves to sing and loves the spotlight. Months ago, when life was normal, I took him to an audition for a movie. We do that a lot. He's had some cool opportunities, but for every role he wins, there are a dozen or so he didn't get. I figure the auditions themselves provide unique experiences for him, and plenty of learning opportunities, so we plow ahead. I never heard back on this particular audition, and didn't give it much thought. Then today I get an email asking for his bio to post on the movie's website. I promptly reply asking why the heck they would need that? Is he in the movie or something? Well, apparently he's been cast as an orphan, and will be "featured in several scenes."

Yikes. His big opportunity and I'm previously occupied. I went ahead and sent the bio, but told them my situation. They said it will be several weeks before they get back to me with scheduling. I guess that's all I can do for now.

In case you're interested, it's a western musical satire called 'The Medicine Show' that they're hoping will become popular in the way of 'The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly'. Or maybe 'Napoleon Dynamite'. (Who doesn't hope to become the next Napoleon Dynamite?) Here's the website: http://www.themedicineshowmovie.com/

Looks like a lot of fun!

4 comments:

Kimi said...

Wow! That sounds so fun for Brandon! And don't you even worry about it--I am more than happy to taxi him wherever he needs to go, however many days a week, however many times a day. Maybe it will be a good distraction for him. Plus he won't have to look at your "Christmas ornaments" as much.

Whitney M. Reese said...

We can all help out to get him to practices and everything! Don't worry :) Love you!

EVEYx6 said...

Don't you love tender mercies?

Suzanne Reese said...

Thanks all - I felt silly for even leaving it at a maybe, but the response has been "of course he has to do this." You guys are great.